Friday, June 13, 2008

Better day

We are supposed to go to see the school buses race in the figure 8 this Saturday. Hopefully PIA will allow the girls to come seeing how it is father's day and all. The storms in the mid west are heart breaking. They certainly need a break. After hearing about all the deaths and tragedy, I feel guilt for wallowing in my problems and realizing how blessed I really am. We have a 2 income home and healthy children. We are able to afford to feed and clothe them. We are able to afford to do a few extras as well and I am sitting on the "pity potty" about the legal problem with Bubba. Wondering what the hell I am going to do with him. He really is a great child. Little mouthy at times (most of the time). He does what he is asked to do after reminding him more than 10 times to do it. Gets good grades at school; only got suspended 2 times this year; now this. Poor choice of actions, poor judgement, valuable lesson none the less.

With all of the stress, it was amazing that I did not smoke at all. Baby probably saved me from my crazed addiction. My kidney's did not fair as well as my lungs though. I drank a 2ltr of Mtdew and paid for it now boy.

Dr. appt sucked butt yesterday. They did a pregnancy test, asked a boat load of questions, and stuck me for 12 tubes of blood. Oh yeah I had to do the 1 hour GTT at 8 weeks 3 days pregnant. Figure that one out. Probably because I am overweight. No worries, things have so far checked out. HIV negative, STD negative, GTT negative, IRON low, Pregnancy test POSITIVE (good thing or I would have been mad drinking that sugar shit).

Happy Father's day to everyone. Give your dad's a hug. Dad I miss you more today than I did yesterday. Love you!

2 comments:

Milenka said...

*hugs* Just because you have things to be thankful for, it doesn't mean that you aren't allowed to feel bad about other stuff. Low Iron, you say? How low, or didn't they tell you? :-(

Lulu said...

Take care of yourself!