Thursday, January 03, 2008

Bambi Mamma Killer!!

Last weekend was late antler less deer season in our neck of the woods. Superdaddy and Bubba wanted to try Bubba's 16 g shotgun that he got for Christmas. Bubba needs to learn to aim (now that he found his glasses) and shoot. He got the hind leg. Superdaddy didn't know that Bubba shot at it until later (they were in separate spots in the woods) and blew the lungs out. Good Shot!!

Same deer, just different angel. Guess I better learn to cook this stuff and like it huh?? Supermommy doesn't care so much for venison.
This picture kills me. This is my uncle's doe. He killed it Thursday and hung it to drip dry. When they came home Sunday with Superdaddy's kill, it was kind of frozen seeing how we got a sort of deep freeze up here. This is how it laid down from being hung in the tree. Lays like my dog lays in the grass. Just cracks me up.


P.S. Don't tell my uncle or causin, Superdaddy got the biggest deer out of the 4 the group got total Nah Nah Na Boo Boo!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deer meat isn't bad...esp. if you mix it with hamburger, half and half...stretches the food on the cheap, and it takes the game-y ness out. Another trick, soak the meat in milk or lemon juice. My mom always did milk, but I do the juice...

Lulu said...

The key to deer meat.... If you grind it into hamburger, use it to cook with. Trying to make actual burgers out of it will infuriate you! The meat won't stick together in a patty.

Also, think summer sasuage! I love it prepared this way!