Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What were you doing?

Today is a pretty significant day for history.

6 years ago today Miss J started school. She was going to preschool. Her dad and I took her to school for an hour to meet the teacher. After that hour, we dropped her off to the babysitters house. She had the TV on showing the local A.N.G.

I had to get on the road. My dad was at the hospital getting ready to have an important heart procedure done. We stopped at McD's to get breakfast and the lady in the drive thru asked me to turn the radio up. I complied. I was devastated to hear the towers were hit. When we got to the hospital, I told dad what happened. He prepared for surgery.

When dad was in surgery, the towers fell. The surgery was unsuccessful. The "bridge to synchronization" did not work. He was doing too poorly to continue the surgery. They aborted the surgery before it was completed. He spent the night in the hospital and would reschedule the surgery at his 1 week post op visit.

I was in the surgical lounge learning to play Euchre with my brother, his ex and my ex. My grandparents were in the surgical lounge watching TV. My father was fighting for a live saving procedure. That is what I was doing.

I miss you dad.

No comments: