Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Liars never prosper

Ya know what is embarrassing: going shopping and them refusing your check.

So Miss J and Chicky and I went to the local grocery store last night. Knowing if I wrote a check, it would not cash before direct deposit hit today. So along we went, filling up the basket with necessities and a few perks. The kids wanted junk food and I kept telling them I didn't have enough money for that this week. Well nosey bitch worker must have eavesdropped while she was putting rejected merchandise on the shelves. So long story short, the cashier rang it all up and decided it needed a check approval. She turned away and was talking to manager or whoever who said I'll be right back. When she came back, she informed me my bank was closed (like no shit it was 8pm) and she could not verify funds for my check?!?!?!?

My check was for $76.83. I was like excuse met? I wrote a check here 3 days ago for $96.71 and they didn't have to "verify funds". Apparently, she felt the need to check to see if I had money in the bank and my bank was closed already.

Said "manager" was nosey bitch putting rejected merchandise back on shelf. I hope she has to eat powdered mac n cheese for dinner one day instead of steak and tuna salad and watermelon. For dinner last night, we had powdered mac n cheese. Ewww. Kids don't mind but me I think EWWWW!!!

Oh yeah, kids don't even have milk or bread today for food. Looks like Eggs for lunch until I can get to the store during banking hours or a different store for groceries.

Did I tell you I hate powdered Mac n cheese?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, that makes for a crappy day. Little Miss Nosy will pay. I hope she gets food posioning from poorly washed fruit or something!! But we've all been there. I got all the way through the checkout and didn't have my wallet on me and the store was full...and my kid was screaming her head off. Feel your pain.

Lulu said...

Wow! Pretty sure I would have waited for that woman after her shift....and given her a piece of my mind. Dumb bitch obviously don't know what it means to WORK to make ends meet!