Monday, May 19, 2008

Busted weekend

So after my little temper tantrum about the girls, they didn't come after all. My weekend was almost a bust. Saturday, I took my cousin and his kid to get a free car seat because the law is changing in July. A quick trip turned into almost 4 hours of 4 children in the vehicle sitting. Believe it or not, they were good as gold. I was impressed. After that, I took down the bunk beds that cousin was taking home for his kid. It rained of course and I had to drive it to his digs to avoid ruining the wood.

Sunday I took the girls to the zoo. That was almost a bust as well. I took a friend of my mom's to the zoo. She is a senior citizen with 2 adult retarded children. All they wanted to do was ride the train. We rode the train to the back of the zoo, went to see the kangaroo's and polar bears and took the train back to the front and left. Her oldest was having a melt down at the polar bear exhibit. Not pretty. Did get 2 rose bushes dug up yesterday before I threw in the towel and called it quits for the night. Maybe today I can try to get another bush out.

Ya know what really sucks is doing the right thing and getting kicked in the teeth for it. My cousin and his son moved out of my aunts home last week. His dad (my uncle) was on top of him hitting him and my cousin's son walked into the room. My cousin decided to pack his stuff and leave. His parents let him take some things and made him leave other things. Superdaddy and him go hunting and hanging out and stuff. Since my aunt found out we knew what happened she has not spoken to me at all. Messed up thing is this...today I forgot my cell phone at home. Miss J missed the bus. She called freaking out when I finally got to work. She asked my aunt to get a hold of me to tell me she missed the bus and I didn't have my phone...I still have not heard from my aunt. My mom asked her to get in touch with me about Miss J as well.

Now tell me if family is not supposed to help family who is? Personally, I would be pissed off at my family for not helping some other family member out. Give me a break.

1 comment:

Milenka said...

*hugs* My family doesn't help each other out at all. Well, obviously Bea helps us out, but everyone else won't even speak to each other, let alone do nice things for each other. I've tried reaching out to various cousins, just for family contact, in the years since our Grandma passed, and they cannot even be bothered to answer an email. I just don't get it. I was raised to do whatever necessary to help someone else. Last week a friend in a bad position had a new baby, and I went to spend time with her so she wouldn't be all alone at the hospital and got her some stuff she needed. Sure, it was only around $50 and a Saturday, but with our current finances and the kids and bedrest...well, it was a lot for us, but I never even considered leaving her on her own. Ugh. You did a good thing. Don't let the assholes get you down!