Thursday, May 15, 2008

Going's on

The "bone" yard still needs some work. Quite a bit of work actually. Yesterday was not a good day to do yard work. It poured all day. In fact, I went to scout camp with Miss J's school yesterday in the rain. I almost got "lunch time detention" yesterday for playing in the mud puddles. Perhaps this weekend I will be able to do some more yard work. I need a long weekend vacation.

Superdaddy's run got cancelled this week again. Sigh. I cannot wait for all of the labor disputes to end so Superdaddy can get a full paycheck again. The money tree in our yard still has not sprouted despite all of the rain. Must be poor soil or something.

1 comment:

Milenka said...

Ugh, I'm sorry about the run being canceled. We live in a "mobile home community" (Trailer park, dude, though they like to think they're special because they have standards about the type and condition of homes allowed. whatever. Let's call a spade a spade, okay? Or is that phrase not allowed anymore due to assholes using it in a racist manner? Oy. Maybe I should rant on my own blog, huh?...wait, where was I? Oh, so we had our Spring inspections at the start of the month, and they handed out the notice sheets with a week to finish everything on them. I wound up having to call the office (with my lovely Social Anxiety issues in full-on hormonal pregnant chick gear) and explain that we simply couldn't afford to do the staining of the new deck within the week because we were waiting for our stimulus check to come at the end of June. Thankfully, the new manager seems to be a lovely and understanding woman, but it still stresses me out that money is so tight right now. Sometimes I wonder how anyone I know manages because no one in my real life makes much money, and yet here we all are trying to raise kids and have a normal life. okay, so I've babbled on enough. I'll go work on a blog entry now. :-)