Monday, November 26, 2007

Bambi killers

This was the first year that Superdaddy has gotten out to go hunting. Him, Bubba, my cousin, and my uncle sported blaze orange gear and took to the woods. No such luck on opening weekend. This weekend, however, my cousin got a little button buck. By little, I mean like the size of my German Shepherd. Sunday before they came home, they hit the woods again. Nada until they went to come home. They decided to push a ditch and rustle up some game and what should come out but a 2 point buck. Bubba got the adrenaline rush and couldn't maneuver the safety in ample time. Cousin got off the first shot (they were together) and hit the spine. Bubba finally got the safety off and went for the kill shot and managed to let the buck wiggle around and got between the shoulder and the elbow instead. Finally, cousin managed to get the shoulder shot and heart. Because cousin got the kill shot Bubba didn't get to claim it and bring it home. Hope to have a few pictures later before the guys process it.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Poor Bubba! I bet he would have LOVED to have claimed that one!

Vern is going black-powder hunting this coming weekend.

Anonymous said...

Deer jerky...yummy!! My brother got a decent sized one, which he's having processed. Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

kewl nice going guys