Monday, December 22, 2008

Life updates

Talk about a terrible week. Last week was plain awful in terms of well everything.

Monday, my mom's car broke down. Tuesday the temp showed up late for work and we got nasty phone calls from our boss about no one answering the phone. Wednesday my car broke down on the way to work...actually at the stop sign at work and had to be pushed into the lot. Security would not help push it the good for nothings. Thursday I hitched a ride and my aunt helped get the car fixed to get it home. Thursday night, the car was less than 1/2 mile from my house and the damn thing stalled and would not start again. Never mind during the week, my furnace has been acting up on and off. The stupid heat would turn off out of the blue. Friday we got walloped with some 12 inches of snow.

The car incident was terrible; especially seeing how Superdaddy blamed the operator (me) for reckless driving and such. Turned out the damn clamp that was fixed 2 months ago broke on the fuel line. Had nothing to do with reckless driving.

Get this...Saturday the furnace went out again. Turns out the "trap door" was not pushing the safety switch igniter down enough. He finally figured it out. I suggested taping it down until he could figure out how to replace the switch. Oh no!! Terrible idea...tape will ignite. 20 minutes later...do I know where duct tape is? Asshole. Oh yeah on the other foot, "I" meaning me have not been closing the trap door properly or else we wouldn't have this problem. When I fix the damn thing it works for 2-3 days and than goes out. When he fixes it, it works maybe for 2 hours.

Husband for sale!! Any takers?!?!?!?

Guess we have the step kids from 12/19 through 12/24 am and then 12/25 through 1/1. We were happily informed mom is getting married. Her boyfriend is staying with them now. She just moved into this home. She wants a winter wedding, he wants a spring wedding. Seems to me someone is in a hurry to get married to have someone take care of her. I just hope this one is enough to make her happy and leave us the hell alone. She needs to get a life of her own and leave mine alone!!

Happy holidays to you and your family. Be safe everyone and enjoy!!

2 comments:

PrincessChan said...

Tell that nasty hag at work to leave you alone!!! do it for me as a christmas present!!!

Jennifer said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I have enjoyed the few posts that I have read. My husband and I have struggled with finances quite a bit during our marriage. We frugally lived on about $30K/year and I was devastated when we lost our sole income in Nov 07. I never imagined being able to live on unemployment supporting our family of five until I was forced into it.

Our main source of savings has been coupons. You should check out my Coupon Mommie blog here and I would look forward to getting to know you more!

Have fun with the new baby - oh how I wish I had a new little one myself. My youngest is 2 1/2! (sniff,sniff)