Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Its been a while

Because Natalie tagged all of her readers.

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write 6 random things about yourself.
Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
Let each person know he/she has been tagged.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

1. I used to play the clarinet in the school band. My son and now my daughter have both played it in school. I can still pick it up and mess up a song. I was never really good at it, but I played it the best I could.

2. Up until recently, I had a 'new' used car each year I was driving. Though they were never new, I had a newer one for about a year.

3. I married my high school sweetheart the second time around. My parents came between us when we dated in high school. After being apart some time, we somehow met up again and found out we were going through the same kind of things in life (marriage failing). We have been back together over 6 years.

4. One point in my life, I wished my ex husband would die. I never guessed he would over dose and die. Every day I look at Miss J I wish I never wanted him to die. I wish he was here to teach her things and have her get to know him. He was in prison all but 2 years of her life. He was a great friend, and great guy until he got hooked on drugs. Sorry I wished you would die.

5. Up until a few years ago, I loved my job. I work in health care and we are in the business of saving lives (not all of health care is). We are a small community in our "field". A few years ago, we got an "administration change". Seems it is more about money and numbers than patients themselves. The day we were told to push numbers no matter what, I decided my job was no longer my job, it was just a paycheck. I love my patients. I love being part of the "saving lives" aspect of our department. I hate the politics and the "money aspect".

6. I am very close to completing my associates degree in college for office administration. I quit going to school after i married Miss J's dad and got pregnant with Miss J. Today I have over $10,000 in student loans and no degree to show for it. I need to get a boot up my ass and get back to school.

If you haven't done the random things about yourself lately, consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Ah, I am sure he is in a place where he can better look after her than if he was here. I just decided to go back to school. I am really nervous and excited at the same time.

Juri said...

Isn't it strange how a fleeting thought can cause guilt for a life time? I am so glad you shared that, because we all have some thoughts that, if they came to be true, we would feel guilt and shame....but most don't, so we just never give it another thought. You are an interesting person, to be sure!!!

Juri

THE LIFE OF SHAWN & VANESSA said...

I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR POST ALOT HERE LATELY. I'M FROM NC AND I'M DATIN' THE MAN OF MY DREAMS...HE DONT TURN 21 UNTIL JUNE SO HE CAN'T DRIVE OUT OF STATE YET. DRIVIN' A TRUCK IS ALL THAT HE HAS EVER WANTED OUT OF LIFE, PARTLY IT'S ALL HE'S EVER KNOWN...ANYWAY, I'M HAVIN' A VERY HARD TIME WITH IT ALREADY. I'M VERY ATTACHED TO HIM AND I'M DREADING WHEN THE DAY COMES THAT I HAVE TO TELL HIM BYE FOR A FEW DAYS....ANY ADVICE?

THANKS AND HOPE YOUR HAVIN' A GREAT WEEK THUS FAR...ALSO HOPE YOU AND THE BABY ARE DOIN GREAT!!