Thursday, August 23, 2007

I need a vacation!!




Getting ranger badges in Jewel cave.
My donkey friend in Custard state park
My favorite part. The bad lands and bubba.

Well we seemed to have outran that horrible storm in Wisconsin on Saturday and another one in Minnesota yesterday. Unfortunately, those storms found us again. There are here today and tomorrow. We had so much fun on our vacation, I need a vacation without the kids. We left on Friday morning and got home late last night.
10 states in 5 days. Sheesh. No wonder I am exhausted. These are some of our vacation pictures. I was out by Beth and Lulu and I think Susielou and Hawkeyechick. Cannot swear to it.
Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Iowa. Taking the kids in one car was not much fun I tell ya. All in all, they were on their best behavior even without duct tape. Hell I was getting antsy after driving so long. It took us 2 sleeps to get to Hot Springs. One in Wisconsin, one in South Dakota, one in Hot Springs, one in Keystone, one in Austin Minnesota and finally home. I hope next trip goes East.
For never leaving state before, the kids have gone to 20% of the US. Impressive if I must say so myself. Will share more photos soon.

3 comments:

Beth said...

What a minute....you came through Wisconsin and didnt stop to see me???? Where you in Milwaukee????

I think I might just be crushed.

Lulu said...

I didn't know you'd be through Nebraska!!!!

Glad the trip went well!!!!

Beth said...

I live about an hour east of Madison. I was just there on Sunday.

Yes, trying to give LM all the structure I can manage. It may just kill us both.