Monday, January 08, 2007

High School Again

Why can't grown up people act grown up?

I know there is a time and a place to not grow up but give me a flibbing break. A place of employment is not the place to act like you are in High School again!!!

Situation is this...
A group of people at work seem to think that the 8 hour rule does not apply to them. We sort of have flex time and an honor system for time keeping. The only requirement is this...Work your 8 hours or use vacation time and someone has to be present to answer the phone from 8 am until 5 pm NO EXCEPTIONS!

A bunch of people claimed they worked 8 on their timesheets and left like 3 hours early the Friday before Xmas. Well hot damn if they didn't get their panties in a twist when their pay was docked only a mere 2 hours. Instead of going to the time keeper and discussing it with her, they are stomping around and being pissy at work.

Personally I am sick and tired of hearing it already. I didn't say crap when that phone call came in at 4:45 that Friday and had to stay until 5:30 (without overtime pay).

Ok I feel better now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember those days. I used to work in an office like that and am glad I'm done with it. Maybe they should invest in a time clock to keep everyone honest.
-thanks for the comment