Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Prop Eight

Though I do not live in Cali...I am disappointed prop 8 passed. I guess I figured with a African-American president and all people would look past the discrimination factor. One cannot help who they fall in love with and who they want to spend the rest of their life with. Even if the bible states: marriage is a union between a man and woman; I believe everyone should have the right to choose who they want to be with. I support choices. Today I am sad that choice was taken away from the hope of having a "sacred marriage" between two people who love each other very much.

I wish everyone just minded their own business and said: "I married who I chose to marry and I will let everyone do the same."

I hope that those who are already married in Cali are allowed to remain married and have their family as my family has been. They didn't object to my marriage, who are we to object to theirs. Sigh.

I hope my children recognize everyone has a right to love who they want to love and they don't discriminate against others whose choice may be different then the "norm."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister, amen. I couldn't agree more.