Friday, November 14, 2008

I'm a failure

I failed the 3 hour gtt test. Guess that means no more soda, candy, sweets, chips, carbs, fruit and what ever else for me.

I have been eating so much healthier this pregnancy than I did with the other 3. First one I gained about 60 lbs. Second one I gained bout 35. Third one I gained about 25. This one, 8 so far. I go back to the dr. November 24.

I am so disappointed. What exactly does a GD woman eat? Know what I am most disappointed by? I will never be able to be a kidney donor. Not a live donor anyways. For a deceased donor, they have to take my kidney with the understanding that it is high risk for failure. Plus I am at a higher risk for developing kidney failure. I am so bummed.

This will be a very quiet weekend. The guys are looking for bambi or bambi's mother this weekend up north. Hopefully, they will bring home enough meat to fill our freezer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you're not a failure!! You can't help it your kidneys aren't keeping up.

Having babies sucks the life out of your body, so don't beat yourself up. Although, I'm sorry you're going to miss out on sweets!! But you only have what? 8 weeks left? You can do it!