Sunday, March 30, 2008

Throw me a life jacket -

I'm drowning!!

It has not quit raining at our home. My van engine took a crap Wednesday before Easter, the Omni still has not ran since we got it. We keep dumping money in it for mom. Hell it practically has been rebuilt under the hood. The whole cooling system, head gasket, valve cover gasket and such. The monster truck Superdaddy got this weekend died on the way home. Simple coil apparently, but still no keys to drive it so we need a locksmith, a windshield, turn signals (they aren't working), tune up, oil change, trans fluid changed. Barney lovingly named because of the size and color has been awesome to us. It has been in a hurricane 3 1/2 years ago, gone to Mt. Rushmore on the family vacation; hell we have doubled the miles on it in 6 1/2 years. I was thinking to myself how impressed I was that it has over 166,000 miles on it and we haven't had any major problems. Then as I pulled into the driveway, the belt started squeaking. Not good, but not bad. The idler tension pulley broke off into the engine and it needs a oil sending unit replaced. Basically Barney is immobile until further notice. If there was a bridge close, and it wasn't raining, and it wasn't 30 degrees, I would jump. I throw in the towel and wave the white surrender flag. I am not coping!!

Not to mention we are going camping with girl scouts this weekend and I need Barney!

1 comment:

Milenka said...

*hugs* Wow, it sounds like pretty much everyone is having a rough run of luck right now! I'll keep sending out positive thoughts and hopefully we'll all get through it as unscathed as possible! good luck!