Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stars aligning

Things are happening in my life right now. Some major things. Some not so major. Just the beginning of the month I was stressed to the max. Things were not moving in the right direction. Though things still are not where I want them to be, they are going there slowly.

My dryer died. As in 3 towels and 1 pair of pants in 4 hours were still not dried. My washer will only hold a half a load to wash. Spending $30 at the laundry matt on Saturday was not fun. Neither was the 3 hours with 3 little girls. One whom I noticed was scratching her head a lot. Not mine though yet. Have to be on the look out for head friends again Uggg. No more friends spending the night for a while I think.

Having to pay all the back child support in 30 days or less is hurting. It makes for small grocery shopping bills and only necessities. No more buying school lunches.

Spending a large amount of money on a present and the very next week getting a $591.84 shut off notice on my electric bill.

Our church had backpacks for our low income preschool program at the church. My girls asked to get one. We ended up with 2 one for each girl. Somehow, we managed to get them filled with the proper stuff under $20 each! The lady who does the baptismal banners at church informed the pastor she was unable to do them anymore. She nominated me to do them. I do not have a sewing machine and have used my mother's for the things I have made. Looks like the church will let me use one of their sewing machines.

We got a letter from school last week. Someone put our family's name in to get winter coats and boots for the kids in the schools. Bubba, Miss J and Chicky will have new coats and boots.

Perhaps the stars are aligning for us for a little while. Things are looking up in His time frame not mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. You're right, sometimes things don't happen when we might want them too, but it always seems that things have a way of working out. I will keep you in my thoughts!!