Thursday, September 11, 2008

Explanation

I will never say that the ex wife and I were friends or will be friends. I never did a darn thing to her. I have even given her food out of my home when she needed it. Above child support, we buy things for the girls when they need it. All she sees is that he left her and ended up with me. She claims she came first in his life and she should always come first 1998 or there abouts. Problem is this, I came into his life in 9th grade somewhere around 1990. I had a baby with him summer/fall of 1990. Problem with said baby was this...he was almost 18 I was only 16. My parents chose what happened to that baby. If it weren't for parent's interference, we probably would have been together longer. Our future was already written long before we even born.

From day one, she threatened me and tried to poison her girls against me. As her girls have gotten older, they; the older one especially; have seen through her smoke signal. She tries to tell them things that are not true and expect them to believe her instead of what they see with their own eyes.

She has always had a nicer house than I have. Not a problem by me. She has a nice newer car; I have a junker. Her kids go to a better school than mine. What is the problem here? I should have envy over her. I am content with my life. I am happy most of the time.

Misery loves company and I choose not to let her make me miserable. Just last month one of the girls was crying after hubs and I had words. She was crying because she was going to miss me. I was confused. Her mother told her that I was a home wrecker and if dad and I fought enough, we would split up and they could be together again. Somehow she has put it in the kids head that if we split up, hubs will have the house and her and the kids can stay there.

Children should not be used as pawns against one parent or the other. They should be loved and nurtured. They are not game pieces to be toyed with. She has had the children ask me about child support; tried to have friend of the court garnish my wages. Give me a break.

I love my children and my step children with my whole heart and would give my life for them. She loves her children in a different way. One that I am not a fan of. She loves them as long as there is something in it for her. She told the 9 year old that she would let her come live with us except dad wouldn't pay child support and she needs the child support for bills. What does a 9 year old need to know about child support? Precisely.

I guess to sum it up, I am living the type of life she dreams of living. The difference is this...I can support myself. I work and she doesn't. She gets to watch her children every single waking minute of every single day. I don't. I guess in a sense, she lives the life I wish I could live with my children, but then again I would be envious of others who had more in life too. The difference, I would not try to poison my children with lies and hatred in the process.

I am not angry at her per se' I am angry at her behavior. I mean someone who will be 40 next month needs to grow up and get a life!

Jealousy is ugly.

2 comments:

Milenka said...

*hugs* I meant to tell you about the time I made a new friend through a local mom group...and she wound up calling and reporting us to CPS for being non-Christian. Of coruse, she made up a bunch of other lies to go with it, all of which were proved untrue. But the day they visited our home without notice and the weeks waiting to hear that they had decided it was untrue..worst feeling ever. Well, at least as bad as the Fox thing. Then I was worried that my kids would get taken away from something untrue and with him i was worried he would die. You know what I mean...bad stuff. *hugs* How are you holding up?

Anonymous said...

wow. she sounds like quite a trip. screw her! keep loving ALL the babies. they'll see through her crap, friend.
love,
rae
www.brokeneggs.wordpress.com