Monday, April 20, 2009

Dumped again

Lately things have dumped...and dumped...and dumped. And regarding my last post, I am not suicidial.

Right before Christmas, Superdaddy got laid off of work. For almost whole month of December. All of January and almost all of February. He was looking for a job during that time. Trust me he was a looking.

He never did get called back to the OO job. Any who, on maternity leave, we get 40% of our pay. Needless to say, we owed February, March, and April house note. Shut offs for utilities because one month we paid Gas and next month electric. Never mind our water bill is past due too (they are gonna put a lien on our home apparently).

Mortgage company will not make payment arrangements. I even offered them a payment and a half. No dice. All or nothing. I got paid Friday and got a certified check for a payment and a half and paid the baby sitter. I have exactly enough to have gas to go to work all week...or so I thought.

Last week I made arrangements with IRS for back taxes Superdaddy owes. He was 1099'd by an old boss. Actually 2 times 1099'd. Don't ask me how, but we only got one and only filed one. Needless to say, we owe close to $3000 for 2006. I knew we would owe this year and had to do the taxes to find out what we owed so I could make arrangements. I did and made them arrangements last week. YIPPEE!!!

IRS seized my assets. MINE!! Not Superdaddy's. They froze my bank account today. The froze and confiscated my children's bank accounts today. As in, I have no gas money to get to work rest of week.

I am so tired of living paycheck to paycheck. How do I tell mortgage company they took my accounts? How do I tell the sitter, she won't get paid next week?

Never mind, last night Chicky was taking a bath and the water wouldn't shut off. As in the hot water!! It kept going and going. We turned it off at the hot water tank. Therefore no hot water. Superdaddy fixed it today at the grand cost of $10 for parts, never mind the shower curtain rod, and the wall, and the paneling. Yeah.

Today the master cylinder went out on our 1990 car. This car has 230,000 miles. Is it worth it to fix it? That and the trans is slipping pretty good. Never mind we cannot get a new used car.

We are blessed to have 6 healthy children and employment. We are blessed to have a roof over heads (even if just for today). We are blessed to have some food in our home. Tomorrow is a new day. We will be blessed for another morning we wake up breathing.

4 comments:

Milenka said...

Not even sure what to say because I totally "get it" and am right there with you! Waiting on foreclosure papers, waiting on a creditor judgment where they will most likely seize what we have and do garnishment, waiting on news of a job...ANY job. *sigh* I am so sorry that it has come to this, but I know that we have both done our best with what life has throw at us. I'd love to believe that there is a reason behind it all and that things will improve. Ask me again tomorrow, and perhaps I'll be less bitter and able to truly see it that way. If you ever need to talk, please feel free to email me. I've been trying to stay offline lately because of how much bad stuff I have to say, but I still sneak away while the kids are napping to check on a few people. :-)

Cynnie said...

I have some family members in Fl who are going through financial trouble and Im all about us living together ..
Im doing okay at the moment..
so they can move and be with me and we'll shove as much family in as small a space as possible and just try to work as much as we can and pay down debt .
its not perfect but its at least a plan.

Camie Vog said...

Wow. I thought we had it bad. My hubby is still with the company that SuperDaddy was with when you and I first came across one another. They have discontinued the training program, taken away BOTH the safety and on time bonus', eliminated ALL hotels, including the off hour times when it is THEIR fault that they have stranded their driver in hell, no off hour compensation for stranding the driver, you can't call terminals to have them look for loads when your driver manager is fucking you over...Next to be cut will be the company paid driver health insurance. Our paychecks went from $1000 a week take home to $200. He sits idle for days (DAYS)at a time with no load in site, and has to beg to allow him to deadhead home 125 so he can see his kids after being out 2 weeks sleeping in the rig. God, he comes home stinkin. I am trying to get my clientele (I am a massage therapist) built up so I can support the family and he can quit. It would be more cost effective for him to be here to watch the kids while I try to turn some cash. Fuck. There is my sad bullshit story...and I say all this so you'll know that you're not alone. Oh, and I still have cute girlie baby clothes if you are interested. I'll just give them to you. Let me know. Call me the disgruntled wife of a steel hauler.... xxoo Camie

Jennifer said...

I'm just stopping in because I had googled something along the line of trucking and found your site.

My husband is trucking as an Owner Operator and it is hard for us to keep him moving so I understand. Things are financially tight with us at home too.

However, I am commenting because I want you to know that I am a Coupon Mommie and I save loads of money on groceries and personal items.

This isn't a sales pitch but I would love to help teach you how to free up some of your grocery money to help pay some of your other expenses if you're not using coupons already.

Please stop by and checkout my blog at www.couponmommie.com or click here.

Many wishes for something bright to happen in your future and for your 3's to remain as 2's.