Thursday, January 29, 2009

Almost 2 weeks already?

Life with Thumper seems to be much harder on mommy than it was 5 years ago. She is a really good baby and sleeps a lot. She only wakes 2 times at night one around midnight and one around 6 am or so. I just have no energy. I don't remember being so damn tired after Chicky was born. Superdaddy has been home to help (yeah ok) and isn't expected to go back to work for like another 3 weeks or so. Lets hope GM doesn't push it back again. The bill collectors have started to call already.

Bubba is pretty sick this week. I took him in to get checked out and weighed myself. I am down 18 pounds or so since delivery. Not bad I guess. Only bonus was that I only gained 0.4 pounds my whole pregnancy due to the gestational diabetes diet.

Work is driving me crazy. They got a new temp I guess the week after I had the baby. She seems to be working out I guess. They cannot figure out how to order supplies or board surgeries. Not a good thing when you work for 6 surgeons.

The girls got webkins for Christmas. They seem to have got me addicted to "checking on them" during the day. I like the games you can play with them and earn coins. Too bad my "no cleaning" restriction is up Sunday. Poor webkin will get neglected I think as the house will not clean itself.

This weekend the step kids will be back over. They have not been over since Thumper was born. I wonder how they will deal with us being home now. Grandma brought them to the hospital but I wasn't there for their visit (having a procedure done). Our dog still cracks me up. She paces the floor when Thumper cries. Only 2 times has the dog woke her up by being "nosey" and touching Thumper with her cold nose. The cat however, has no clue there is a baby in the house. She is too busy tormenting the dog.

Hope to catch up on everyone's blog soon. (during my free time again).

2 comments:

Jenera said...

I'm glad things seems to be going good. And it's good the hubby can be home. Mine had to leave just days after we brought the baby home.

And I agree, I was much more tired than with our first boy.

Anonymous said...

Been a lurker for a little while. Just commenting on the "tired". Have your doc check your B12 levels, if they're under 700 or so, try taking methyl B12 (methylcobalamin) it pretty much saved me from going slowly insane from tiredness. (I was also clumsy, walking into door frames, couldn't eat, and had mental fogginess- other symptoms of B12 deficiency as well as tingling of fingertips, etc.) Thyroid function can also create tiredness.