Thursday, July 16, 2009

Humbled

Superdaddy has been talking about wanting to make himself more "available" job wise. He and I have talked about getting his hazmat license. There have been a lot of job postings in our area for tanker haulers. We have talked about him getting his tanker permit as well as his doubles permit. I wouldn't mind if he had his tanker permit as long as he didn't haul gas or fuel. For the reason below.

That happened about 7 miles from my house. The smell is still in the air even by my house. The girls and I watched the news after hearing about it from family who was concerned we might want to travel I-75 from scout camp. Absolutely horrifying story. Details were sketchy last night (obviously). I was a little peeved though to read on Face.book from a friend of mine precisely "That is why irresponsible drivers become truck drivers. They really need to go to school longer. They run red lights and don't care just because they are bigger than everyone else." Talk about my blood pressure boiling!!

Superdaddy and I cannot be in the same vehicle if I am driving and he is being chauffeured around. He doesn't like how I drive now apparently since becoming a driver. Drives me insane.

I will update on family happenings tomorrow or later today.

2 comments:

Jenera said...

my hubby has his hazmat but has never hauled tanker. I don't think I'd like him to either. But if your hubby gets that and/or his doubles, I'm sure he'll get more opportunities.

As far as the comment, I hate when I hear people blame truckers. having been on the road with mine I can see why truckers crash. Idiots driving cars think they can cut them off, not use signals, etc and think it's okay. Trucks are big, can't stop as quick, or their loads while shift which causes issues when stopping. I get so mad when people talk crap about truckers.

FET Accompli said...

Thank you for your comment, and for bringing me to your blog. It sounds like being a truck driver's wife isn't always easy. Congrats on your pregnancy - you are so blessed! Six children and one on the way!!

And --- You got it!