Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Sick-O's

I managed to be off of work for 6 weeks and care for my sick-o children. Guess what? hubby got sick last week and I managed to get a "leaky" nose yesterday. My darn nose looks like Rudolph from wiping it so much. Thumper had a fever the last 2 days. Fun times I tell ya. She has not been sleeping well due to her stuffy nose.

Superdaddy has to stay out of town tonight due to work. I am somewhat relieved and somewhat nervous. His ex has no heat in her house. We had the kids this weekend, Monday for church, Monday night, Tuesday night and tonight for church. It is draining me to have to get 6 kids ready for me to be to work on time every day. The girls just don't want to get moving and it drives me crazy. I am used to getting 3 ready, now I am getting the routine of 4, but the other 2 are used to moms routine. Akkk!!

Thank goodness cookie time is almost over. I have had nightmares about the Girl Scout cookies. We did very good this year considering the peanut butter contamination and all. Will be so happy once the last 6 cases are gone.

2 comments:

Amerloc said...

I actually have a box of peanut-butter sandwich cookies here somewhere that I bought the first chance I had this year. They're my favorites. And there's a nagging reluctance in the back of my head about trusting them. Throwing 'em in the freezer for a couple weeks kills the salmonella, right?

Truth be told, my sweet tooth has faded anyway, but my desire to support kids and their organizations hasn't, so it wouldn't really matter to me if they were selling crayon-scribbled Halloween masks, I'd buy.

And I'll probably eat those cookies one of these days, instead of impulsively grabbing a Snickers on my way out of the store :)

The Three Little Bears said...

My grandmother always said she missed the old days when the girl scouts made the cookies themselves and then sold them.

Get yourself better!