Friday, December 08, 2006

Doing the right thing

Ever do something that you know was right and fell like committing political suicide afterwards? Even though I know it was right to say it, I still feel that way.

A friend of mine recently lost her job; some people were commenting some pretty rotten comments about her. Stupid shit like she only wanted the free lunches from the reps. Offer food and she would be first in line. About how she would embarrass the department at the party because of getting hammered. I stood up for her. I told them how I felt and that it was wrong to gossip and say mean things.

I mean, lets face it, anyone who is pretty broke like free lunches just as well as the next guy. Offer a free meal and I AM SO THERE!!!

My friend and I talked about the whole Holiday party and drinking issue. How it is a terrible idea to get hammered with your coworkers. Well, someone was saying that my friend as asking everyone for their drink tickets. WTF?

Noone commented about the "well respected" coworker who RSVP'd for 17 guests so she could have more than 2 drink tickets. I think 2 drinks per person is more than enough. Especially in our line of business; especially when you have to drive home.

So I did the right thing and now they are treating me like crap and probably saying stuff about me too. There is so much politics at work now a days; Almost worse than High School Drama B.S.

I KNOW I DID THE RIGHT THING!!

3 comments:

PrincessChan said...

Now I'm really glad I don't work with them anymore. Makes me wonder what they were saying behind my back when I was there.

Fish heads.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is truckerswife. I had to change my blog.

You so did the right thing. Way to stick up for your friend. It's too bad that now they are treating you bad. Don't let it get you down just remember karma.

Lulu said...

You are right...you did the right thing!!!

Just remember, it's these kinds of situations that help us wrack up Good Karma. So hold your head high!